CREATIVE OPEN CALL
New Partners, New Projects, New Spaces
(Open to Creatives in both South Africa and the UK)
We are seeking original and adventurous artistic project proposals, which tell and share the story of contemporary South Africa and the UK, culminating in high quality live, or digital performance, showcase or other public facing events, to form part of the British Council Connect ZA Arts Programme 2016/17.
This creative call is open to partners who have not previously had projects included in the British Council Connect ZA Arts Programme, although not as extensive in scale as the previous SA UK Seasons open call, we hope to expand the creative landscape on both sides through investment and support of new partnerships.
We are looking for a strong mix of projects that may be a combination of more than one art form, but we are particularly interested in projects from the sectors of live performance, visual art and from creative institutions. We also encourage applications from women or for the focus of the content to be aimed at women, who are currently underrepresented in the creative industries.
Projects must be:
- Devised for our 18–35 audience demographic (we do not work with under 18’s in the arts)
- Able to engage and extend reach across multiple digital platforms (such as; social media, online engagement, the use of tech or digital content)
- Designed for a contemporary urban context and audience
- Collaborative and mutually beneficial - to artists, participants and audiences in both countries
- A first time collaborator with British Council Connect ZA – accessing new partners, new projects, new places (previous lead partner organisations cannot apply)
Collaborative and mutually beneficial - to artists, participants and audiences in both countries (projects should involve partners from SA and UK)
We have three Creative Categories available, supporting our themes and ambitions of developing:
- People to People: New Partners
Amount: up to £3500 GBP
- Practice to Practice: New Projects
Amount: up to £7,500 GBP
- Place to Place: New Spaces
Amount: up to £15,000 GBP
To apply, please download the documents below.
Please direct any queries to Negiste Johnson.