In commemoration of this year's World Youth Skills Day, the British Counil is launching a video challenge for youths within the ages of 18-35.
You will be required to participate in the following format:
- Please state your first name, age and country
- Answer the question What skills do you consider will be most important for the future and why? in a 30-second video story
- Share your video on your social media account and tag the British Council South Africa Facebook page and use the hashtags #ConnectedBySkills and #WYSD2020
- The deadline for the video entry is 25 July 2020.
Tips for recording videos:
- Record in a well-lit place.
- Test the sound. Film for a few seconds and listen to the video to make sure the sound is good. Make sure there are no noises around you or other people speaking at the same time.
- The video will be cut to a square (1:1) format. Whether you film horizontally or vertically, make sure that the person speaking is always in the centre of the frame.
Selection of winners:
- Two winners (one female and one male) will be selected based on the quality of their responses and social media engagement.
- The winners will be gifted a 2-month paid access on LinkedIn Learning worth 60USD where they can gain premium access to thousands of courses in the areas of business, creativity and technology. Winners will receive LinkedIn certificates for every course completed.
- The winners will be announced after 27 July 2020 and we will also share their video story on the British Council South Africa Facebook page .
- There will be an onboarding session to help winners familiarise themselves with the LinkedIn Learning platform.