Do you have a business idea that addresses a social or environmental problem?
Together with our partners, we’re giving away up to R 25 000 in cash prizes! Winners will also travel on an all-expenses-paid learning experience to the UK or Ghana to participate in the Entrepreneurial Africa Social Entrepreneurship Experiential Learning Programme!
If you think you have what it takes to pitch to a panel of experts and a live audience, we want to hear from you.
The GIBS Network for Social Entrepreneurs (NSE), will be hosting the 3rd annual Social Entrepreneurship Festival of Ideas Competition at the GIBS campus in November. The festival casts the spotlight on sound business ideas that drive a social mission to achieve social change. Aspirant social entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to pitch their unique social or environmental business ideas to a panel of experts for a chance to win spot cash prizes of up to R25,000.
How to enter:
- Send a two-minute voice note of your idea on WhatsApp to 076 462 7377, include your full name and email address.
- OR email it to email@example.com with your name and contact number.
- OR fill in our online entry form here.
Entries close on 26 October 2016.
Terms and Conditions
- Only voice note entries will be accepted;
- Candidates will be shortlisted from voice note entries;
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted and allowed to pitch their idea;
- All shortlisted candidates must attend a Pitching for Funding workshop to be held at GIBS on 2 November 2016;
- All shortlisted candidates will need to pay for and arrange for their own transport to GIBS in Johannesburg;
- All ideas must have a social or environmental benefit;
- No cash will be given on the day of pitching;
- Judges reserve the right not to award the full amount of money;
- Judges decision is final;
- GIBS and its partners reserves the right to use the winners and their ideas for promotional and research purposes in any manner it deems fit without remuneration being made payable to the winners.
- All competition participants must be over 18 years of age.
- All competition participants must have a valid passport for time of travel.
Tickets and Travel
- All competition participants must have valid passports. The passport must be valid for a minimum of six months after any proposed travel date.
- All flights and proposed travel dates are subject to availability at the time of booking
- Tickets are valid to UK and Ghana .Tickets cannot be utilized for travel to any other destination.
- All travel within the exact dates provided
- British Counci will be responsible for all travel, accommodation, and meals while in the UK
- Tickets may only be utilized by the winner. Tickets cannot be sold for monetary gain or transferred.
- No cash refunds will be given in place of these tickets or prizes
- Lounge passes and upgrades will not be permitted with these tickets during the specified travel period.
- Prizes cannot be transferred.