Following recent directives from the South African Government, the British Council has limited operations with several restrictions in place until 15 May 2020. These are as follows:
To protect the health of IELTS test takers in light of Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), IELTS tests have been suspended in South Africa until 31 May 2020.
These tests are as follows:
- IELTS paper based and computer delivered tests
- IELTS for UKVI
- IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)
Affected test-takers will be eligible for a transfer or refund by contacting our centre via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional and university exams
We are cancelling the administration of exams for the following institutions:
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health: 26 March 2020
- Lifting Equipment Engineer Association: 2 April 2020
- Institute Faculty of Actuaries: 14 April 2020
- University of British Columbia: 15 April 2020
- Institute Faculty of Actuaries: 15 April 2020
- Institute Faculty of Actuaries: 16 April 2020
Our offices are temporarily closed to the public, but you can contact us via telephone +27 (0)11 560 9300 or email email@example.com.
During this uncertain time, our students, customers and partners’ health is our priority.
Please stay up to date on current welfare guidelines, available here: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019