THE GUIDELINES HAVE BEEN UPDATED AS OF 21/04/2016 TO INCLUDE SOUTH AFRICA AS A PARTNER COUNTRY. THE LATEST VERSION IS V2.
ABOUT NEWTON RESEARCHER LINKS WORKSHOP GRANTS
Newton Researcher Links Workshops bring together early-career researchers from the UK and a partner country to allow them to make international connections that can improve the quality of their research.
Once funded, grants are available for early-career researchers in the UK and the country hosting the workshop to attend.
These grants are funded under the Newton Fund, a UK Government initiative funded by the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills, together with partner funders from around the world. The Fund aims to promote the economic development and welfare of either the partner countries or, through working with the partner country, to address the problems of low-income and vulnerable populations.
- Priority areas: Partner countries may specify priority areas and will only accept applications within these. Priority areas are listed in the Guidelines document (Downloads section).
- ODA requirement: All applications must meet the required relevance to economic development or social welfare (see Guidelines for further information) of the partner country.
- Leading Researchers as defined by the EC here. can apply to be workshop coordinators.
- Each proposal must have one workshop coordinator from the UK, as well as a workshop coordinator in South Africa.
- Please see list of eligible UK research institutions in the Downloads section.
Other eligibility criteria apply. Please refer to the Guidelines document available from the Downloads section below for full eligibility criteria.
17.00 27 June, 2016
HOW TO APPLY
- Download and read fully the correct Guidelines document from the downloads section.
- Complete the online application form here.
There is a Word version of the application form available from the Downloads section. This is only intended to give applicants knowledge of the questions in the online application form, and cannot be used to submit an application.
All queries or comments about this call should be addressed to the Researcher Links email address UK-ResearcherLinks@britishcouncil.org. Please specify that you are enquiring about the Newton Researcher Links Workshops call.