Anyone thinking about taking an English language test will find this course particularly useful, but all English language learners will benefit from the tips and advice given in the course.
Understanding IELTS: techniques for English language tests is a six week long free online course started on 11 July to 21 August 2016.
The course focuses on the IELTS test (International English Language Testing System). IELTS is the world’s most popular English language test for higher education and global migration. IELTS is accepted by over 9,000 organisations worldwide including universities, employers, immigration authorities and professional bodies. Over 2.2 million IELTS tests were taken globally last year.
This course will take you through each stage of the IELTS test — reading, writing, speaking and listening. At each stage there will be advice from our video tutor and a team of experienced IELTS educators. You will also be asked to share your experiences, tips and opinions with other learners.
WHY SHOULD YOU SIGN UP FOR THIS COURSE?
• Take IELTS with confidence
• Prepare for study in UK, USA and around the world
• Improve your employability
• Learn how an IELTS test is assessed
• Learn more about techniques to teach to take English language tests
• Learn more about techniques to take English language tests
• Improve English language skills
• Live interaction with British Council tutors
By the end of the course, you will:
• be familiar with all parts of the IELTS test
• have some useful tips to help you achieve your IELTS goals
• understand how the IELTS test is assessed
• have an opportunity to have your written and spoken English assessed by other learners.
The British Council has over 80 years’ experience in English language teaching and assessment and delivers IELTS tests in more than 100 countries. The course draws on the British Council’s expertise in online learning and will give you the opportunity to purchase a Statement of Participation.